Friday, February 24, 2012

No clue as to the date

Hello blog readers!  Sorry I have done an extra terrible job of updating, life as a habit of getting in the way and all that.

Anywho, I have been pretty good about my diet, I did have some Easter colored M&M's earlier this week.  Worth it though!  I have been sick for the past few weeks, which means I have not felt like working out at all.  In any way.  Instead I have been sleeping a lot and drinking tons of fluids.  Now that I am feeling better I will be doing a lot of exercising, I actually miss it!  Who would have thought that I would miss working out?  Not this kid.  Unfortunately with the being sick I have backslided on the weight.  I have been eating a ton of carbs for energy and since that seemed to be the only thing I found appetizing.  I am now back to only 10 pounds down.  This will not stand!  I hate that I gained some back.  UNACCEPTABLE!

I run into an issue of time, but I have decided that I will just have to make it work.  For example, today I get off of work at 330 and will be going straight home to run and walk.  I will not let this beat me!  I am way too strong to be beaten by anything.

What's really sad is that it has taken me this long to realize what a problem my weight is.  I have always been told that I have a pretty face, and I guess I figured that was enough.  But you know what?  I desperately want to be able to shop at Banana Republic without feeling sad that I can't wear their dresses.  I want to be one of those people who is proud of their body, not hiding it in mom jeans and sweaters.  I have never really had an issue with confidence on the outside, but secretly I am wildly insecure.  I worry people will judge me, not like me, talk about me.  As I have gotten older I have realized how ridiculous this is.  Some people will never like you, and those who do should like you for who you truly are.

I know this is a process, and that I won't lose 100 pounds in 2 months or anything that crazy.  But I have always been a results person, I like immediate gratification.  I have never been a patient woman.

Yes, I am embarrassed by my weight.  But you know what is really scary?  What if I lose this weight and I do not have a pretty face.  Or if I try to lose the weight and I cannot do it?  I hate disappointing others, especially those that I love.  So I am scared that if I try and fail then I will have no one to blame but myself.

I know this sounds like a lot of complaining, and this blog is one of empowerment not self pity.  Any words of wisdom would be great

No comments:

Post a Comment