Saturday, February 4, 2012

Days 17-34

So the diet is going well, but I am stuck at 18 pound lost.  This is because of 2 things; 1. I have been sick and haven;t been working out as much and 2. I think the initial drop off is over.  I have been eating well but goodness knows I am craving some chocolate in the WORST way.  The coconut chocolate mousse has become a staple!

I went to a wine party last weekend and made an amazing pesto and sun dried tomato bruschetta.  Not this isn't super healthy for you, but it isn't awful either.  It involves pesto, which is high in fat but it is good fat.  Here is your recipe!

Bruschetta with Pesto, Mozzarella, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes



Ingredients:


TO DO!

  1. Place the olive oil and the garlic in small bowl and let sit for at least 1/2 an hour; preheat the broiler; spread the bread slices on a baking sheet and then brush both sides with the olive oil; broil until golden on both sides (this will only take a couple of minutes).



  2. Place the tomatoes in a cup and cover with boiling water; after about 5 minutes, remove, pat dry and cut into long thin strips.



  3. Spread cooled brushetta with pesto of your choosing,


     a slice of mozzarella and a strip of sun-dried tomato.

I neglected to get a pic of the end product but it was AMAZING.  I added a bit of balsamic reduction on top and it was so good!  Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment