Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Super Healthy and Yummy Snack!

Ok so eating healthy really isn't that difficult if you have enough time and money.  HOWEVER, since I am poor and super busy then it is sometimes hard for me.  I have found that if I prepare a few things when I have time then I can save them and eat them later.  This is especially helpful when it gets to be mid morning and mid afternoon when my blood sugar is low and I am considering attacking the vending machine.  

To enjoy this recipe you have to like the following:

A. Fresh berries (check)

B. Greek Yogurt (check)

C. Snacking (check check)


All you need is berries (I normally use blueberries), greek yogurt (I like the honey vanilla), and access to a freezer.

Step 1: wash berries.  (I used raspberries and blackberries as Kroger was out of blueberries)


Step 2: Dry them thoroughly.  If they are wet then the yogurt will not stick to them.

Step 3: Find a pan and cover it with a non stick surface like wax paper or foil.  I have a Silpat, so I use that.  If you do not own one, you should buy one!  They are amazing and your cookies, salmon, etc will never burn!

Step 4: Using a toothpick, dip a single berry into the yogurt.  Make sure to coat it thoroughly and then place it on the pan.  Repeat this until all berries are gone.  I find that one container of yogurt works for a box of berries. 


Once you are done place them in the freezer for a few hours.  The pop em off and eat em right away!  Or you can put them in a plastic bag and take them with you to work.  When eaten right away they are like a delicious hard candy.  If you eat them at work in the afternoon they are still cold but not nearly as hard.  I prefer them right outta the freezer.  YUM!

Thanks for reading!  Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions.

PS - Holding strong at 15 pounds lost!  I am just glad I didn't gain when in Vegas.  Let's see if I can't get to 20 by tax day.

No comments:

Post a Comment